Tuesday, October 23, 2007

DJ Danny G



Contributed By DJ Danny G
Portland,OR
Type of DJing: HardHouse/House/Trance/HardTrance/HipHop
E-Mail: nadanny47@hotmail.com
Website: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=384005&T=9347
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/djdannyg1

Born in Lemoore, CA in ’67 and moving to Portland Oregon in ’73, DJ Danny G is the eldest of three children. He has two sisters, one who just past away September 23, 2005; only 36-years old, due to Leukemia and youngest is 27-years-old. His family continues to reside in Portland, OR., where Danny G attended Milwaukie High School, graduating ‘84.

“I started in the music field as a DJ. The very first time I put my hands on the Turntables was in ‘88. I played at the very first City night club on Thursdays and Sunday nights. I did that about a year or so. At the time, I got married and had a son, so I went to school at western Business College in Portland, OR for Computer Training and tried the family thing.

“In ‘92, I went back to DJing at several nightclubs here in Portland. At the time, Techno and House music was hitting the scene. I got my hands on it, that was my choice of music. Before that I only played house. I was spinning progressive dance music like Dead or Alive or even classics like Egyptian Lover. In the year or ‘99, scratching was hitting the scene and that’s when I heard about DJ’s making their own music at home with PC’s. I didn’t want to follow a trend till a close friend of mine showed me a program called Fruity loops. This was in 2001. I loved it! Programming my own beats to be able to bridge my mixx’s. Then I bought several programs from there and started building my home studio.

“Today, I still DJ in Portland and my home studio has become my third love [my girlfriend first, my pit bull second].

“The equipment I use is a Pentium 4, 1700 with software of Acid Pro 5, Acid Pro 4, SoundForge 6&8, Protools, FruityLoops Pro Studio 5XXL, Cakewalk Pro 9, Creator Pro24, Sonar and Propellarheads Reason. I also use a Roland workstation with three Technics 1200MK5s and a Station SMX-401 mixer.

“I formed a production company with two friends, Kris [MC Nomad] & Lawrence [DJ L3] last year out of my home studio called Never Alone Kidz [N.A.K.]

“I have publisher and writer rights with my name and the production company. Just this last year, I’ve been premiered as a new hot talent on web sites from http://www.Musicbiz.net, http://www.AcidPlanet.com, and several others.

“The tracks I publish always go straight to Sony’s web site “Acid Planet” and they tend to stay in the top 10 in any style I composed. My inspirations come from artist like Dead can Dance, The Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, DJ Icey, Carl Cox and DJ Qbert.”

No comments: